Help! Suggestions please!

ltfitz89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! i am new to photography and I was hoping I could get some pointers on shooting. I have been trying to read as much as I can about my camera and learn the basics about photography. I am going to Niagara Falls in 2 weeks and I want to take some really nice shots of the falls. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!!

Picking up "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson would be a good start...also try doing a search first next time...you'll get a lot more information that way and it helps to keep the forums "clean" ;)

Study your camera and lens(s) user's manuals so you are familiar with all the controls, features, and functions they have.

Visit Digital Photography Tutorials and start reading their digital photography tutorials. The first 7 tutorials the cover how your camera works are first because they establish the foundation your subsequent knowledge will be built on. If you skip those...well don't skip those, they are really important.

Then go to the bottom of the tutorials list and read the short tutorial about Composition - the Rule Of Thirds. (ROT). Follow that up with Guidelines for Better Photographic Composition.

In 2 weeks you should have covered the minimum basics . There will be a test, so take good notes.

Most reactions

Back