HELP: Target battery inside grip first?

Koshua

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've heard there's a way to set up your camera to use the battery inside your grip before it uses the internal camera battery, that way saving you time from taking your grip off to charge the internal battery when the grip battery is still full. How do I access these settings and select which battery to use first?

Specs: I'm using a Nikon D7200, Vello Grip (next best to OEM), and 2 genuine Nikon EN-EL15 batteries. Thanks guys!

Page 281 of the user manual.

I have mine set up like this.
So if you discharge the grip battery first you can swap it out easily at some point without missing a beat.

I have mine set up like this.
So if you discharge the grip battery first you can swap it out easily at some point without missing a beat.

Yeah, that was the plan! I am questioning whether the battery indicator on the top LCD display will portray the grip battery, the internal camera battery (this is what I would guess), or both. Any ideas?

I would guess the top LCD panels indicates what is selected as First in your setup.
My grip battery isn't 100% (the body battery is 100% ) and the top LCD shows a battery not 100%
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    814.9 KB · Views: 175
I would guess the top LCD panels indicates what is selected as First in your setup.
My grip battery isn't 100% (the body battery is 100% ) and the top LCD shows a battery not 100%

Oh, awesome! Thanks for the info.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back