Help, what do I do?

jrk459er

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have an assingment and I have taken a roll and a half but I need some help with the rest! My assingment is : Light. Thats the only thing we were given. I have shot things from shadowed light and shining light over various subjects. Do you have any suggestions as to what else I could do with such a broad topic?

A feather?
Some paper?
or anything else not heavy!

what about someone alighting from a boat/bus?

what about a flame/bulb as a source???

You said yourself it's very broad....you can't really be struggling that badly...are you???

Rainbows
Light through a venetian blind
Reflected light - off water
Sunsets and Sunrises

I had the same assignment for a class at ICP. What I did was shoot the same object (in this case, a tight shot of a tree trunk), at different times of day. The point was to show how light changes and can make the same object look totally different and create different moods.

My teacher loved it!

im doing a similar project at the moment... im camped out in a scottish glen recording the various changes in light from dawn till dusk... maybe do something like this?... obviously a little closer to home for yourself ..:)

What about taking long exposures at roads? No extra points for originality but you can get some good effects.
Maybe even taking a landscape with a small road in the background, use a small aperture and long shutter speed and you could have a landscape with some light streaks in the background.
I'm not good at brainstorming ideas though so don't have to much faith in my advice.

Most reactions

Back