Help with 360 panoramic pictures for house flash virtual tour?

leoneo77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, I wonder if somebody can help me out here with some advice. I would like to make a full 360 panoramic flash tour of my house (including ceilings and floors) with floor plans, hotspots, extra pictures, e.t.c...

The equipment I've got is a Sony Alpha 200 with 18-70mm lens. Softwares: PTGui , Photoshop CS5, Autodesk Stitcher Unlimited, Easypano Tourweaver 6 Trial, Pano2VR Trial, and I am thinking of buying the Flash Panorama Player Flash Panorama Player for making the flash tour as from what I've seen on the net after lot of research this is probably the best software used and preferred by most professionals.

I guess I won't need any of those stitching programs above when I buy the Flash Panorama Player? (as the FPP will stitch them in the flash movie)

Ok, I know I need a tripod, and something like a
MANFROTTO 056 3D HEAD, but what about the lenses?

Sorry, let me say first that I am doing this just to try it, and I don't want to spend lots of money for equipment. I know I can do it with normal shots, but what about if I attach something like this to my lens:

1. Bower VL6552N 0.65x Digital Super Wide-angle Panoramic Lens

Bower VL6552N 0.65x Digital Super Wide-angle Panoramic Lens | Overstock.com

2. 0.25x Fisheye Converter with Macro

0.25x Fisheye Converter with Macro for Canon HF10 Bk on eBay (end time 14-Nov-10 16:28:58 GMT)

Do you think this will improve my 18-70mm lens, when attached to it?

My worry is the small rooms and especially the toilet and bathroom... I can't see myself with the tripod in such a small place with my lens, or I guess I have to make a lot of pictures in the toilet and then stitch them with the FPP?

Here is an example with lots of images about 58 per room

Virtual Tour Created By Glypt

below is the picture folder:

Index of /sample3/sample3/scene/1

This is made with Easypano software.

I guess the advantage with fewer and larger pictures is the time saving and quality of pictures as less of them means bigger and better quality when zooming in in the movie?... but slow loading of course.

So, guys could you please tell me what else do I need apart from the things listed below?

1. Sony Alpha 200 DSLR with 18-70mm lens
2. Tripod and MANFROTTO 056 3D HEAD (I have to buy these)
3. Flash Panorama Player Flash Panorama Player

Thanks for your time and help!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back