Help with a new lens.

AlmightyMalikai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I have the Canon Rebel Xsi with the kit lens at the moment. However I am leaning towards more macro photography and wildlife. I am already planning on getting a Manfrotto 190XDB Tripod and was thinking about the Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG APO Macro Telephoto Zoom Lens, its running around 200 dollars which is about the price range I am lookin for. I would like to upgrade later on to a better lens but for now I am wondering if this is a good enough lens to get into this kind of photography and learn with. Anybody have experience with this lens?

the above poster has a true point, but if that is your budject...than that is your budjet. i dont there there is many other 200$ 300mm lens out there.

but you cant do macro with that 200mm

Ok so would i probably need to get different lenses for each type of photography then? I saw that it said it could also do macro and thought that it was kinda handy to have both features on one lens but wasn't sure if it was to good to be true.

I have the sigma 70-300 on my XSI and at 300mm its pretty soft. But when you switch it to macro and bump up the aperture to 11 and up you get some pretty good pics. These are come I took with that lens not too long ago: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/.../151057-first-real-try-macro-photography.html . But If I were you and aforded a better lens I would get the better one. I heard the canon 105mm macro is pretty good, exept its prime so you cant zoom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back