Help with a photo

brendatn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying to take the washed out area out of this photo. I am using an old version of Photoshop and don't know what I am doing. That is clue #1. Would anyone walk me through or tell me if it is possible. Thanks

2.jpg

Plato, your one mouse click makes you look like a powerful photo wizard!

There is some wonderful software out there that would help easily... HDR techniques etc..

But If all you have is an old Photoshop package to work with..

First, Shooting into the sun is always difficult even under the best of conditions, and I didn't really understand your composition, so I re-composed and have less to have to clean up..

You can use the Marquee or Lasso tool to bound and isolate your washed out area, then work on it without messing too much with the rest of the shot..

This was done in a minute, isolating the washed area with a square marquee, then the burn tool to feather the sharp edges.. add little contrast, color saturation, and resharpen..

A little time spent on it and I'm sure that you can do better..

2.jpg

Thank you both for your reply. That gave me something to work with.
I took this on a horse who wanted to be with the others so I didn't have time to work with it but I like it when I saw it. Thanks again.

Plato, your one mouse click makes you look like a powerful photo wizard!

Thanks but I was quite serious. I used Topaz Adjust and clicked on one of the presets. You might want to check them out. I discovered their products perhaps two weeks ago and, since then, I've been spending my time going over old photos.

Most reactions

Back