Help with an old camera. And hi there btw.

renaissance

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently found this old camera while digging through some old junk. It seems to be in good state and I thought I'd try to find out whether it can be of some use, so if you people can help me out...

The brand/model I'm guessing is Dacora Dignette, which is written on the front; around the lens it reads: DACORA Kamerawerk Reutlingen dignar 1:3,5/45mm.

I've taken a pic of it with my dodgey webcam, so that you can take a look at it:

dacora.jpg

I'll be grateful for all the info you can give me about this piece of technology. I've read a couple of books on the basics of photography but I've had no practical experience whatsoever, so just regard me as a photo newbie. Thanks.

I haven't seen this particaular model. The Dacora's I'm familiar with use 120 roll film, and are completely manual. Focus is by distance scale on the lens.

renaissance said:
Hi everyone. I recently found this old camera while digging through some old junk. It seems to be in good state and I thought I'd try to find out whether it can be of some use, so if you people can help me out...

The brand/model I'm guessing is Dacora Dignette, which is written on the front; around the lens it reads: DACORA Kamerawerk Reutlingen dignar 1:3,5/45mm.

I'll be grateful for all the info you can give me about this piece of technology. I've read a couple of books on the basics of photography but I've had no practical experience whatsoever, so just regard me as a photo newbie. Thanks.

Hi,

Your Dignette camera was manufactured between 1954 and 1960 by the Dacora Kamerawerk in Reutlingen. Originally located in Reutlingen, the company name went through a series of name changes such as Dangelmeier (1952), Daco Dangelmeier (1954), Dacora Kamerawerk (1970) and finally Dacora Kamerawerk at Munich (1972-1976). Equipped with a Dignar lens (1/300 shutter and f/2.8 although there are other lens/shutter combinations), the camera is your basic Viewfinder type 35mm camera. While not a highly collectible by any means (value today anywhere between $30-50) it sure can add a 50s flavor to any camera collection. Run a film through it, see what will give.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm, thanks for the quick feedback :) I'll try to take some shots with it then... but first I need to figure out how to open it, ha ha.

renaissance said:
Hmmm, thanks for the quick feedback :) I'll try to take some shots with it then... but first I need to figure out how to open it, ha ha.

You're quite welcome!

To open the camera you'll need to look on the sides to locate something that looks like a slide and then push it up or down until the back opens, or pull all the way up on the Rewind knob. Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back