Help with Background supports

mammarazzi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking for somthing just to start off with and I found this on Amazon.com but I don't know anything about the quality of it.
Amazon.com: New Photo Umbrella Lighting 10x20 Muslin Backdrop Stand Kit: Electronics

It comes with two umbrella lights. I was just wondering if it would be a waste or what? I am mostly looking into the backdrop support and at least one background more than anything else. All help would be greatly appreciated.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I am looking for somthing just to start off with and I found this on Amazon.com but I don't know anything about the quality of it.
Amazon.com: New Photo Umbrella Lighting 10x20 Muslin Backdrop Stand Kit: Electronics

It comes with two umbrella lights. I was just wondering if it would be a waste or what? I am mostly looking into the backdrop support and at least one background more than anything else. All help would be greatly appreciated.

i was lookin at the same one, but with little information and all I have chosen somethin different.

i dont know what your spendin limit is but this is gonna cost $362 and i think it will be good for my needs as i am just wanting something to get started.

heres all that im gettin.

3 10x13 backdrops with backdrop stand(black, White, chroma key green)
1200 watt fluorescent light kit
then a 2 light kit(fluorescent dont know wattage)
mystudiowishlist.jpg

hope that helps a little, i dont think the lights that come in the kit you are lookin at will be enough.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Do not use a curtain pole, a lighting stand and a fridge freezer as a background support stand. In my experince it only causes injured models and angry landlords.

In my experience, don't buy from cowboystudio (where the second listing is from) unless you are willing to call them repeatedly about getting something broken or use Amazon's services to get your money back. Plus, the quality isn't that good and I could see through both backgrounds I got no matter what I tried and got brown spots in my black background.

For on the cheap, I used to old lightstands I had laying around (new can be bought for under $30 a piece) and a stick of PVC tubing (I'm using 1 1/4, less than $5)

Drill holes on each end of the PVC to fit the studs on the end of the stands through.

Not the best pic of it, but you can get the point
3605445904_c2567fcc85_o.jpg

In my experience, don't buy from cowboystudio (where the second listing is from) unless you are willing to call them repeatedly about getting something broken or use Amazon's services to get your money back. Plus, the quality isn't that good and I could see through both backgrounds I got no matter what I tried and got brown spots in my black background.

arg! thanks for the info! guess ill have to find somethin else.

If you want something portable, then look at something like THIS. There are several similar kits avaliable.

If you are just going to use it in one location, then maybe all you need are HOOKS and a pole.

If you want something portable, then look at something like THIS. There are several similar kits avaliable.

If you are just going to use it in one location, then maybe all you need are HOOKS and a pole.

I'd appreciate the help...if there was a link for portable.;) I guess it would have been better to specify in the op.

I've had great experiences with Savage products, and they do make some muslin and painted backgrounds as well, so I'm sure you could find something portable from them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back