What's new

Help with buying Rebel T3, beginner!

Amazon.com: Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II LD SP ZL Aspherical (IF) Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo I recently bought this lens and I have no regrets! It's wide-angle (good for group shots) and has low light capabilities at f/2.8. This is the version without IS (Image stabilization) but you should be fine without it at these focal lengths (17-50mm). There is also a $25 rebate going on now. Even though you are shooting the wedding, I'd still recommend hiring a professional photographer just in-case you mess up or cant get a shot.
 
As an update I ended up purchasing (in the process) a T2i kit refurbished from Canon directly ($550, same as a new T3 kit, couldn't pass it up!).

Also, ss that lens a replacement for the standard 18-55mm kit lenses? I was looking into the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens as my next piece of glass, how do these two lenses compare? What would you use these different lenses for? Thanks for all the help!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom