Help with editing in LightZone

spiderneome

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I use LightZone, and am trying to learn how to edit RAW images. These 2 images are from the same NEF. I am not happy with first image, but am using it to compare the second. Notice in the second image I am losing data around the edges of the flowers. Is this "fringing"?...whether it is or not, how do I get rid of it.

DSC_0320_lzn-2 by Carl Summers, on Flickr

DSC_0320_lzn-1 by Carl Summers, on Flickr

I use LightZone, and am trying to learn how to edit RAW images. These 2 images are from the same NEF. I am not happy with first image, but am using it to compare the second. Notice in the second image I am losing data around the edges of the flowers. Is this "fringing"?...whether it is or not, how do I get rid of it.

DSC_0320_lzn-2 by Carl Summers, on Flickr

DSC_0320_lzn-1 by Carl Summers, on Flickr

That's your mask edge showing in the 2nd photo. Your attempt to totally black out the background may be too extreme for the masking capabilities of LZ. To do that type of masking work and not leave a mark I suspect you'll need a more capable editor. For this image you may need to combine raw conversion in LZ with a 2nd application like Affinity Photo -- even GIMP.

Joe

Most reactions

Back