The View

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got bored this afternoon, waiting on the rain, so I played (and learned) a little more in PS. Used mask/refine edge to cut the image out, changed the background, added overlay paper, combined color and B&W image using clipping mask, drop shadows, and adjustment layers. More involved then I first thought but it should go quicker next time.

Torn paper 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. PS is starting to make more sense. I still find myself searching for things (especially short cut keys), but every little bit more that I learn, seems to rub off on other projects now.

I definitely LIKE this shot! Fun. And yeah...."Hey you kids-get offa' my lawn, dangit!" pops to mind! LOL!

Kudos to your creativity!

I liked it conceptually.

Thanks all. I can't claim to much creativity as I got the idea from someone else, and filled in the blanks from there. To me the most important thing I learned, was how to effectively create "two" backgrounds (The paper and solid white) within the same image, and the way to split an image into both B&W and color. These alone already have the ideas flowing for the future.

Great job well done I`d say.

I missed this. I like it. Print it big for the wife and hang it in her favorite room.

@Fujidave, Thank you, it was a fun little project

@jcdeboever Thank you. Though I'm not sure about the "big" print for the wife, she might use it for target practice LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back