Help with Editing

max3k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying to get something made for my dad for fathers day. Can anyone edit this image to just include the Challenger only? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. Thanks for any help in advance! (I want to put it on a Tshirt for him if that helps)

Challenger.jpg

did you take the photo?

im guessing not as it was taken in 2005...

you haven't obtained the rights to use this image for production, if the photographer found you to have used it without rights, you can be sued...

if you have the rights of the author please provide the rights to us so we know we aren't helping you take a copywrite image and use it for production

# Original Date/Time = 2005:06:02 04:34:39
# Digitization Date/Time = 2005:06:02 04:34:39

but i doubt this image was taken at 4 AM therefore i also suspect maybe the date is incorrect

2005 lol. This is a 2009 Challenger my dad bought for his birthday about 2 weeks ago. My wife took the photo.

Time & date are probably wrong in the camera.

What software do you have? If you don't have anything - GIMP is free and can easily do what you want to do.

You'll probably want to do this on the full size version.

Since it's mostly white, it should be pretty easy to separate it from the (not white) background.

You may want to re-shoot it first - try to get a shot with no glare on the windshield.

Also - I'm sure you figured this out, but you're probably not going to want to put it on a white t-shirt. ;)

uh i only just noticed.. .when i save as .png in photoshop it says " saved as Fireworks PNG" :S wont upload to image shack...

max3k, you got photoshop? if yes ill upload as .tif

nvm, got it to work..

98661925.png

not the best render ever but hey...

if you put it on a black T-shirt it will be barely visible flaws also just crop out the signature.. (im assuming you have downloaded gimp now... that can do it )

eh.
i'd wait for a better edit...the back wheel is butchered. sry william. ;)

i would consider a differently colored stroke around the whole thing...the wheels will get lost on a black shirt, and the body edges will get lost on white.

nice car!

I'm picturing a grey t-shirt... ;)

I would include the shadow under the car.

yea tis pretty hard to get the wheels :p too dark so probs go with shaddow, i just closed PS tho x[ so i'd have to re-render it all again instead of just moving my pen tool
so im gunna leave it for now and im going ot soon ne way

Thanks for the help guys. I may have to reshoot it when I get back in town. Wont be able to get it for fathers day but thats ok. I am currently about 5 hours away from home on business so its kind of a last minute idea.

Max3k, also is good idea to upload full size image, so guys can get better results on edit.
Thats pretty hard to get good edit results on low res images.

Most reactions

Back