Help with Filming/Shoot Local Shows

Bradzal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys!

So I just got a D5100, and I wanted to make use of it, so I brought it to a local show to film a couple songs from a band and it turned out okay. But I wanted to know if anyone of you have filmed anything like that before and if you have any tips? other than the obvious like angles etc.

Also, anyone know of any good mic's I could get for recording it so the sound doesn't peak and maybe a way to get different sounds, such as a mic to record the music more clear, and then maybe one to record the crowd for gang vocals etc..

Here is what I have if you want to see it.
Thunderhawks - Raised By Wolves LIVE

Yeah it's just one angle and mediocre sound, was just using completely stock everything and i just set the camera on a table.

Also wanted to start taking picture of shows too, so any help with that would be appreciated too

Thanks a lot! I look forward to hearing some feedback :)

This is a still photography forum mostly so you might not get a lot of answers. But in regards to sound I believe you will need to be able to record the band from the boards and merge in editing.

ahh, good call. Maybe next time I'll talk to the sound guy and see if I could set something up.

And I wanted to take stills aswell, so if anyone maybe has some links to any tutorials or good sites that could help me out it would be appreciated.

Most reactions

Back