What's new

Help with ghosting

Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
213
Location
Raleigh, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This photo has some smudges over the couch on the left (lighter part of the wall). I can't figure out where that came from. There is nothing on the wall in that spot and I don't think the ghosts came from the sensor or the lense since I took a bunch of photos after that and none of them had anything similar in them.

DSC_0509_resized.jpg


What can it be?

Thank you! :D

J.
 
Is it possible it could be a reflection of light of the table?
 
Something similar has happened to me, and after some investigating, I realized the wall had been scratched then painted over on just that spot. The paint was the same color so it wasn't visible to the naked eye, but due to different drying conditions or something, the texture of the new coat of paint was slightly different and a bit more reflective, so it stood out because of the flash.

I don't know if that's the case with you, but it's a possibility.
 
Probably off the table, but you used flash so it could have bounced off anything
 
It is an extension of the flash reflection on her right forearm.
 
I'd say it's an reflection, internal to the lens (lens flare), of the white side of the remote sitting on the table and the label on the rear of the stuffed toy.

Do you have a UV filter on the lens?
 
Oh .. a Zhu Zhu pets!


Back to the original question. I think it is the reflection of the glass table. Can you take another shot without the little girl and see if the reflection pattern changes (not block by her arm)
 
Yep, looks I was wrong and it's not lens flare. I see now how it could be flash reflecting off the table onto the wall. Doh!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom