What's new

Help with GIMP

MisplacedAngler

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 2, 2008
Messages
120
Reaction score
2
Location
Arkansas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I scale a photo down, I'm seeing the grey checkerboard in the background where space was removed. It wasn't doing this before and I don't know what I changed. I've tried everything I can think of. Anyone know how to fix this.
 
The gray checkerboard signifies transparency in Photoshop and probably does in GIMP too.
 
I use Gimp 2.6, with the default install. When I go to the word menu and select Image >> Scale Image...

It doesn't leave the checkerboard background you are mentioning. Not sure if you are doing it differently, so just try opening up the image in Microsoft Picture Viewer or some other... to see if the picture has been scaled down without any border. If it doesn't, you'll need to change the Canvas Size;(also located in the Image word menu).
 
go to image and I think its scale to fit, or something like that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom