Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Posting on behalf of new member Rey03 who sent this inadvertantly as a PM:

Hello,
I use a Mamiya AFD 645 with Leaf Aptus digital back . It fires perfectly when i keep the aperture wide open , but the moment i close down the aperture , it creates a weird sound and says error 02. It happens with both my AF 35mm and 120mm Macro lens. I tried the same with another body and still the problem persist. However there seems to be no problem when i use my 55-110 Zoom lens or my 80mm prime lens at any aperture. Has any body encountered a similar problem. Not sure if the issue is with my lens.......... Any suggestions............

As best I've been able to determine, Mamiya 645 error codes are either a closely guarded factory secret, or they mean nothing. I've never found a definitive list, but Err 02 seems to be a common one. I've had it on mine when the body batteries have been low. A few thoughts: Make sure that all of the back/body & body/lens contacts are clean and in good order. Make sure the back & body batteries are fresh & fully charged, and make sure that the back is turned on BEFORE the body.

As best I've been able to determine, Mamiya 645 error codes are either a closely guarded factory secret, or they mean nothing. I've never found a definitive list, but Err 02 seems to be a common one. I've had it on mine when the body batteries have been low. A few thoughts: Make sure that all of the back/body & body/lens contacts are clean and in good order. Make sure the back & body batteries are fresh & fully charged, and make sure that the back is turned on BEFORE the body.
This is a late reply: did you ever resolve this? I have a 645 DF III and it makes a funny noise when shutter is pressed, etc. A whorling mechanical soft noise. It happens when I mount my 150mm 3.5 AF Mamiya lens.

Most reactions

Back