Help with night sky photos

Paige, those are much better. Light pollution is the biggest issue and I have the same issues where I go to shoot and it is in the dark areas as well.

I do not use noise reduction on my images. Seems like the post processing that I have watched suggests using something close to 3200K for the WB.

But again, I like those three images. I think #1 is my favorite.

Hi now that I am not on the Mbl and can see the screen better let alone get my fingers to hit the right buttons.
I liked the last batch of photos, I think that you are doing great. I see in 2 & 3 that you have a plane or a comet.
I am surrounded by buildings on 4 sides. The best I can get is about 45 degrees to straight up.
Enjoy your evenings the photos are going well I feel that they will build into an awesome collection

Paige, those are much better. Light pollution is the biggest issue and I have the same issues where I go to shoot and it is in the dark areas as well.

I do not use noise reduction on my images. Seems like the post processing that I have watched suggests using something close to 3200K for the WB.

But again, I like those three images. I think #1 is my favorite.

Thanks so much! I definitely think it helped upping the iso, as you mentioned [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Someone on here turned me on to the PhotoPills app for these types of shots (and more). It’s the best $10 I’ve spent on a photo app. Very helpful for planning shots.

Looks like the focus wasn’t a problem this time around. What did you do differently?

Someone on here turned me on to the PhotoPills app for these types of shots (and more). It’s the best $10 I’ve spent on a photo app. Very helpful for planning shots.

Looks like the focus wasn’t a problem this time around. What did you do differently?
Thank you! I'll have to check out the app [emoji4] this time I used a remote to trigger the shutter. I'm not sure how much this made a difference, bc I swear I was really careful not to move the camera when I tried without the remote [emoji1787] I also upped the iso as suggested.

niche shot paigew,

night vision image lighting is good. but something i wanna know from you that, is the last image you show the moon? Its seems to me like that.

Thanks so much! It's actually not the moon! There was no moon this night (new moon). From what I do know, moonless nights are best for star photography because it's darker. You might be seeing a planet or Galaxy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back