Help with Samsung SL820 (Old, Brand New Camera)

Drew702

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just bought a brand new Samsung SL820. Yes, I know, they came out in 2009, but this one is brand new, sealed in the box. Power up took me through the set up menus, (Fresh). And the First Picture I snapped was picture number 1. It is awesome! The scroll wheel lets me go from stills to HD video in one second. I love this thing and I would take it any day over today's "Point & Shoot" cameras with their pathetic menus.

The problem I have is it only shoots in 96 DPI. I was very disappointed. Picture number 6 came out in 300 DPI, crisp, clean, clear, razor sharp. They should all be in 300dpi. But all the rest are in 96. There is nothing in the book, and I can find nothing on the internet about it. How does it choose to shoot in 300dpi one minute and 96 the next? Is there a way to make it 300 all the time?

Thank you in advance to whom ever can shed some light on this.

P.S. I already went through all the menu settings, 1MB to 12MB, Fine, Extra fine, etc... I just cannot get it to shoot in 300DPI

It seems like the only setting that would deliver a 96DPI image would be the 1M for email images, all the other settings are for prints (2M to 12M) and that would usually be 300DPI.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back