Help with stolen D3000

Did you ask the seller if he/she has all the stuff that came with the camera?

Also, if they steal your camera and other stuff yesterday then start selling them back on craigslist today, I say he/she is a dumb criminal.

What if they alter/rub out the S/N's?

That won't look suspicious...lol.

It's possible though. It is a guaranteed way of saying "hey, this is stolen" though. That would probably hurt the resale value.

I wonder what percentage of people going to look at this camera, will look at the S/N?

I probably won't look at the serial number, per se, but I would certainly notice it. I would definitely notice if it had been altered.

Also, if they steal your camera and other stuff yesterday then start selling them back on craigslist today, I say he/she is a dumb criminal.

I'm praying that he/she is an idiot

I'm praying that he/she is an idiot

How did you contact the seller? Email? Phone?

As for checking the serial number, you can pretend just look at the bottom of the camera to make sure the tripod mounting screw hole is in perfect shape.

If you cannot find the serial number on the camera, ask the seller if you can take a photo with your memory card so that you can view the photo in your computer. (instead of the tiny camera screen) Some camera dump the serial number of the camera in the Exif.

ok, i was just going to say if they stole it from your car, i wouldent want to come pulling up to their house in the same car it was stolen from, might tip them off

I have a D3000 and the SN on mine is a 7 digit number located on the bottom. The lens has a USXXXXXXXX (US followed by an 8 digit number) located on the bottom side. Both labels can be peeled off easily.

Good luck!

I have a D3000 and the SN on mine is a 7 digit number located on the bottom. The lens has a USXXXXXXXX (US followed by an 8 digit number) located on the bottom side. Both labels can be peeled off easily.

Good luck!

Really? i just looked at my d90 and it is like sealed on there...
That sucks man, hopefully you can get it back.

GREAT news! They found the low life that broke into our home and were able to get a hold of ALL of my stuff including my cameras!

You lucked out!
Good for you!
I bet you are a bit relieved.

GREAT news! They found the low life that broke into our home and were able to get a hold of ALL of my stuff including my cameras!

This is really a GREAT NEWS .....

:wav:

Just wondering how they found that person(s).

You are quite fortunate. :thumbup:

It's not often stolen property gets recovered, though residential burglars do tend to reside on the lower rungs of the smart criminal ladder.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back