HELP!!!!!

woollmeister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A small coastal village about an hours drive south
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I've got myself into a small problem.....

I received an "el cheapo" set of extension rings last week, and decided to use them on my Nikon D80 this afternoon. Just tried to remove them, and find that I am unable to seperate the lens from the "adapter". I removed the "grub screw", but no matter how much I twist or turn, the adapter will not separate from the back of the lens....

Any suggestions????? Anyone else had this problem previously????

Thank you for any assistance provided.

Do you have another lens you can take a picture of it with?

Success! :D

Gee, I hate it when things that should be so simple, transforms one from a smiling, easy going "photographer" into a frustrated, hammer weilding "maniac". (In my defence, there were zero "destructions" included for using this highly technical peice of equipment..... the tubes cost 10 bucks!)

The knurled screw for some reason, would not move the locking barrell far enough to disenge the adaptor from my lens. So a screwdriver from a pair of spectacles was utilized with success.

Next time, I will fully inspect all equipment prior to using, instructions or no!

Thank you benhasajeep for your reply. A submitted image was to be my next step.....

Success! :D

Gee, I hate it when things that should be so simple, transforms one from a smiling, easy going "photographer" into a frustrated, hammer weilding "maniac". (In my defence, there were zero "destructions" included for using this highly technical peice of equipment..... the tubes cost 10 bucks!)

The knurled screw for some reason, would not move the locking barrell far enough to disenge the adaptor from my lens. So a screwdriver from a pair of spectacles was utilized with success.

Next time, I will fully inspect all equipment prior to using, instructions or no!

Thank you benhasajeep for your reply. A submitted image was to be my next step.....

Ah, happy ending. Good to hear. :thumbup:

I have a full set of tools for photography equipment. I have been known to take a lens or two apart. :D

Well... you could use an eye glass screw driver...:)

Most reactions

Back