help!

stbos100

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I use to have a d60 when i started then switched to canon mark II 5d but then sold everything i have. so im starting new and cant decide what is right for me my price range is from 1500-2500 i may save a little more up tho. canon or nikon or even sony. most of my photography is for concerts alot of low light places

what camera should i check out i also wanna get more into hdr

isnt that priced over 3 grand? have u heard anything good from the sony a77?

Canon Rebel T3 or Nikon equivalent. Nothing wrong with Sony or Pentax, just not enough compatible gear that's available on the new or used market in my opinion. I suggested an entry level camera to you for three reasons.

1) You posted in the beginner's section so I assume you're a beginner. If that's true, you'll just be wasting shutter life on anything else while you're learning all about it.

2) If you have to ask, go with the most inexpensive body of the brand you want. I say that because a camera is a tool. They don't just get better and better as the price goes up. Do you need a full frame? Do you need 1/8000 shutter speed? Maybe you'd actually be better off with a cropped sensor. Do you need 3 fps or 7? If you honestly don't know the answers to those questions, get an inexpensive body, and then when you figure out what you need it'll be time to upgrade anyways.

3) You listed a budget. For anyone starting out with a budget under $50,000 USD I always suggest go with the inexpensive body and use the rest for top quality glass, flashes, grips, remotes, tripods, filters, gels, cases, bags, etc. With $2,500 you can get a 5D Mk II and one two "ok" lenses. Or you can get a Rebel T3, 580 EXII, battery grip, extra battery, 18-200mm walk around lens, 85mm f/1.8, an off brand 28-70mm f/2.8 and an off brand 70-200 f/2.8 and a nice case or bag for all of it. Just as an example.

i just posted on this section cause a lot of people seem to look at it more but i get what your saying but ive used a canon t3 and didnt like it at all. im asking to just get other peoples advice also does anyone know anything about the sony a99

I use to have a d60 when i started then switched to canon mark II 5d but then sold everything i have. so im starting new and cant decide what is right for me my price range is from 1500-2500 i may save a little more up tho. canon or nikon or even sony. most of my photography is for concerts alot of low light places

what camera should i check out i also wanna get more into hdr

I can't speak to the Nikon v. Canon v. Sony part... I love my Nikon, and now that I'm invested in lenses, I don't see switching any time soon... The best advice I've heard yet runs along the lines of "go find the one that's most comfortable in your hands." They're all great cameras.

That said: if you're shooting a lot of low light, look for the best ISO performance you can afford. Because I shoot Nikon, I'll recommend the D7000 as the minimum and a used D700 if you can afford it would be better.

You mention concerts, for which I'd want some long range glass. With your budget, I'd be looking at a D7000 and a Sigma 70-200. If you want something a bit more well rounded, consider the D7000 and a Nikon 17-55 f/2.8.

Most reactions

Back