HELP...

MLeeK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Working on a poster for one of the sports teams. They want to put everything on a dark dark blue background with text in white. Ads to be included. I've gotten everything else just fine, but I am working with a black and white jpeg from the credit union and need to invert the colors. (Below)HOW?

Attachments

• $Innerlakes.jpg
    $Innerlakes.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 103

Light Guru

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Working on a poster for one of the sports teams. They want to put everything on a dark dark blue background with text in white. Ads to be included. I've gotten everything else just fine, but I am working with a black and white jpeg from the credit union and need to invert the colors. (Below)HOW?

Just use photoshops simple invert image command.

OP
MLeeK

MLeeK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

Well, that's a lotta help. If I could do that I would have done it. I am OK working with photos. THis other stuff? Not so OK.

OP
MLeeK

MLeeK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I got it! I got it! I got it!
Do you see me doing the happy dance?
Between this advertising crap and the new iPhone (for the iPhone stupid person that I am) has just irritated the crap out of me today!

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Photos OK to edit
Between this advertising crap and the new iPhone (for the iPhone stupid person that I am) has just irritated the crap out of me today!
Great! Clue others in on how you did it. :thumbup:

OP
MLeeK

MLeeK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Great! Clue others in on how you did it.
thumbyo.gif
Yup! I knew there was an Invert somewhere and when Light Guru said this...

$Invert.jpg

unpopular

Reaction score
Hmm. But doing this alone would result in a black background. Certainly you isolated the logo onto it's own layer, right?

Another way to do this when the logo is color-specific is to use the "stroke" layer effect.

OP
MLeeK

MLeeK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Hmm. But doing this alone would result in a black background. Certainly you isolated the logo onto it's own layer, right?

Another way to do this when the logo is color-specific is to use the "stroke" layer effect.
That I got by selecting the background in the jpeg, refining it a little bit and just deleting it.

unpopular

Reaction score
^^ exactly :)

And fortunately you have plenty of resolution here, so no need to trace it. I've traced SO MANY logos.

OP
MLeeK

MLeeK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
^^ exactly :)

And fortunately you have plenty of resolution here, so no need to trace it. I've traced SO MANY logos.
I have one I have had a nightmare with. They sent us a business card with type on it that has got to be the smallest, crappiest type EVER. UGH!

Most reactions

New Topics