Help

Pumpedupkicks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I bought a Graflex Crown Graphic and the film speeds are 25 50 100 200 400 but my light meter are like in 1/3, 1/1.3 and 3s but on my camera it doesnt have them numbers. If someone could please help that would be great

You lost me at film.... You might want to put a bit more relevant info in you title to attract the correct help. Good luck.

Are you using a hand-held light meter? If so, what brand & model?

Hand held meters often meter in third stops or tenth stops (and often they are configurable if you know how to get them into setup mode.)

The camera is only going to label full stops but may allow you to set third or half stops.

If you're not familiar with dark-room processing, you'd typically make a test strip to identify the best times when printing -- so as long as your original exposure is in the ballpark, you'll be able to fine tune that image when you print.

If your meter is giving you exposure information down in the 1- to 3-second exposure times, you will definitely need to get to higher ISO values, or bring in additional light.

If I recall right, I believe a lot Crown Graphics had a Kodak f/4.7 Ektar lens (probably a 127mm), so you do NOT have "speed to burn", f/stop wise.

If the shutter only has speeds as slow as 1/25 second, and the lens is an f/4.7, then you will most likely need to shoot Tri-X, push-processed, in poorer light, for your "instantaneous" exposures; or use flashbulbs; or bring in more lighting, or use time exposures and a tripod.

Welcome to the world of the 1940's--only with good, modern film available to you.

Awesome thank you for the info I been shooting film for about a year but this is the first time I had to set my camera manual because I have a Nikon N2000 which sets it for you on my camera it just says 25 50 100 200 400 I am using a light meter app on my phone that works great for people but it says time on the meter and I assume that would mean shutter speed but its in fractions its not in like 25 50 100 200 400 I hope you can understand

Most reactions

New Topics

Back