15983602339_6944b8742f_z.jpg
15983926407_c10b6dc032_z.jpg
15984115727_a6d5e45b87_z.jpg
16168888062_477266ff99_z.jpg
15983602339_6944b8742f_z.jpg
15983926407_c10b6dc032_z.jpg
15984115727_a6d5e45b87_z.jpg
16168888062_477266ff99_z.jpg

I rather like the foggy forest shot; I think this would be a good candidate for a monochrome conversion and maybe some dramatic processing. The others I'm afraid don't really do a lot for me.

You posted twice of each photo.
My favourite is the one with all the threes in the fog, mainly because of the mood.
Also the chopped tree is nice.

The main issue is composition. I often miss composition (so, don't take me as a I-know-all-professor...I'm in the path of learnign together with you), so right now is what I most look for.
What are you trying to tell with your pictures?
For example: in the one of the pine leaves...what is the message? What is the emotion you deliver? What are you trying to say? Some pictures just deliver no message, but have interesting geometry or composition. This seems a detail, but when I look at it my eyes begin seraching for the interesting point and...get disappointed for not finding any. It's like looking to Jurassik Park and the movie ends when the characters arrive to Isla Nublar. So?
Same issue for that kind of ball (numbering the photo is a good idea). Beside the distracting tree on the left, the ball is dead centered and lead to nothing interesting.
Keep trying and posting.
If you can find it, take a look to "The photographer's eye", by M. Freeman.

Rick Welcome,
The stump is pretty good. Using the rule of thirds. The red spot keeps drawing my eye to it in the top left. other then that it looks old, Weathered, I like that. almost like an old map with the contrast it gave if you know what i mean.
The pine and tree growth dont really do much for me. I see some water drops on the pine needles witch could do good with a macro lens. just too far back to grab my interest.
I do like the shot of the woods.
Cool crisp morning, The sound of birds and wildlife coming to. The smell of damp trees and leftover foliage lingering in the air. Maybe the once overpowering smell of the night before campfire still on my clothes. The anticipation of catching a glimps of a passing deer grazing on morning food while you sit quietly. The extreme want for a hot Egg McMuffin rumbelng in my tummy!
Thanks for sharing
Fog in pictures always do justice for B&W (monochrome) in my eyes. Do you use any post processing software? Its almost a must for DSLR's I spent years just shooting what i want in camera. I just couldnt get away from that layer of blandness you get "out of camera". I broke down and started shooting RAW and a little post work with lightroom software. its better if not over done.

Most reactions

Back