Reaction score
Website
moskovita-photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is my story on yesterdays snow storm and hummers:
http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/SnowHummersNov22.htm

SnowHummerNov22-800.jpg

Cool photos! The calories, and the heat lamp, you provided might have saved their lives!

The web page is well worth visiting, just to see the pics!

I officially hate you! :grumpy:

I've been trying to get hummingbird shots like that for over a year now, and have never managed anything remotely close. Outstanding images and great work.

I've been trying to get hummingbird shots like that for over a year now, and have never managed anything remotely close. Outstanding images and great work.

Thank you. I have a lot more pictures of Hummingbirds on my website:
Photography by Jack Moskovita

Jack, you've done well for your tiny friends! Great images, but I am equally impressed by your efforts to keep them warm.

Wonderful images! Given me that much more incentive to try and get some decent shots of my winter hummers!!
Patience is the key to getting the shots. Sometimes I wait hours, days to get the ones I want. I FROZE getting some of those shots yesterday.

I take it you have some Anna's up there? Tough, ornery little birds!

Jack, you've done well for your tiny friends! Great images, but I am equally impressed by your efforts to keep them warm.
I love these little guys. I don't know how the little hummers survive this, but they do. It's suppose to get down to the low teens tonight. I hope that is not too tough on them. All the birds, (I feed a bunch of them) were extra hungry today.

Thanks for the nice comments everybody.

Hey Mike.... Dan Mason, my best friend from Edmonton, says he's met you.

Wonderful images! Given me that much more incentive to try and get some decent shots of my winter hummers!!
I notice you live just north of me in S. Vancouver. In the Spring, Summer & Fall, you get the Anna's and Rufous's. I think the Anna's winter at your place too? In fact the Rufous's migrate right through my place, (making stops at my feeders) on their annual 5,000-6,000 mile migration round trip from Mexico to Canada! Amazing... these little creatures.

Well, the 6-7 hummers all survived the cold snap (8-12 degrees) we had with the high winds and snow. Amazing a tiny thing like that could survive that.

Here are three shots I took the past week of the front yard beauty.

Dec2hummer-800.jpg

Dec8hummer-800.jpg

3dec15hummer6x4-800.jpg

darn

i never knew humming birds are soo colorful

Kudos :)

Awww.... this is so sweet!! They love you!

Yet a couple more... This Male Anna Hummingbird was shot at just as the sun was going down (for the wing glow) at a winter blooming honeysuckle bush.

Jan20hummer2-800.jpg

Jan20hummer1-800.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back