"Here is what grandpa took" Johnny Winter

myvinyl333

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.livegigshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently met with Johnny Winter in Chicago. I brought a photo I took @ Wanee 2009 of Johnny with my D90 and a 50 mm...my 1st year shooting concerts. I took this photo in Johnny's bus as Johnny was discussing his guitar with his manager. He later autographed the photo. This one goes in the "here is what grandpa took" family photo album.
$Johnny Winter looking @ JH Wanee 2009 (1 of 1).jpg

Even though you were in Chicago, I just want to make sure of a couple of things. That would be John Dawson Winter from Texas, right? With an albino brother named Edgar? The same Johnny Winter that did an interview back in the day that opened a suitcase and told the interviewer to "lay off the MDA.... that's my love drug".

This is very cool. :headbang: Thanks for sharing and a few memories.

This thread may spawn a few songs. Here's one of my favorites of many. A cover nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Close to the bone.... every now and then I know it's kinda hard to tell, Im still alive and well.

Pretty cool shot for the album, mrvinyl!!! Have tyou got any pics of Alanis???

Here is Johnny and Edgar Winter as each person in the Rock n Blues Fest soloed with Johnny. Johnny started the night out standing on the 1st tune, then took a seat for the the rest of the show. His manager told me that he is in the best shape that he has been in in years.
$Johnny Winter Edgar Winter (1 of 1).jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back