Well, to tell you the truth: also I only learned about reversed lens photography through nothing else but ... The Photo Forum! Ta-daaa!
It only so happened that Chris saw one of mine first, while I had seen those of other members before I had gone digital and felt it was too much of a risk to try it with film (too costly on possible "bloopers", see?) And I so envied all those who did those super-magnified photos with just turning around their lenses.
Yes, Tyson, that is what it is: you screw the lens off your camera (provided you have a DSLR or an SLR, for that matter, works the same, actually), turn it around so that the front covers the hole in your camera and the part with the screw thread (is that the word?) points towards your subject.
You can now no longer wait for the camera to do anything, for the camera no longer knows what to do! You have to focus with your body, moving in closer and closer to your subject until you see that it is in focus. Stop breathing, keep your heart from beating, all this because focus is razor thin in that mode, and shoot.
My latest reversed lens macro shots can be found
here - I haven't done any of late. Too little light...