Hey im new! Im a studio photographer Eager to learn more.

Blue Eye Liquify

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Studio photographer, I dress people up like Cowboys and Saloon girls and take pictures of them. I work in a German tourists town, so I also dress people up like Germans and take pictures of them holding huge beers and accordians. On the side I also do pet photography which surprisingly does very well business. I really enjoy my job, but I have always had such an interest in photography that I wanna learn more!. And I know there is so much that there is to learn. I do ALOT of photo editing and I am thoroughly addicted to it lol. But there so much more I wanna learn about cameras and lenses. I have been browsing this website and it seems everyone is incredibley helpful.

As I tell everyone..."READ!" Get some books on the subject and read. Take your camera and practice with what you are reading as you go. this will give you more of an understanding while you are doing it.
Two books that I recomend are...
#1 "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson
#2 "Understanding Shutterspeed" by Bryan Peterson

These two well define the basics of photography and give you plenty to work with.

If you take the time to study and research your questions rather than just come to a fourm and ask a specific question you will understand more about your answer. To many people come on here and ask questions that are out of context, so they only get answers that are out of context.

If you ask about lighting then you need to be told about shutterspeed, aperture, and ISO. Get to know these and your lighting questions will answer themselves.
Good luck.

Wow, thank you. I wasn't about to just join and start asking a bunch of questions. I joined because I would like to discuss things with people who share a similar interest. When it comes to photography I have decent head on my shoulders, considering I have worked the last 3 1/2 years at a photography studio. I know quite a bit about photoshop and photoshops tutorials. But as I mentioned before I know there is alot more to learn, and im pretty young so im not ignorant of all the knowlegde I can gain. Thank you again for the recommendation of those books. And im definetly going to track them down.
-Sarah

I guess I could of added that you can usually get them at Barnes and Noble. If they don't have them in stock then Amazon will. Just saves shipping cost to by locally if you can.

Yeah I've boughten a couple photography books from local stores. Im sure I can find it around here. Thanks,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back