hey i'm new

.melissa.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,
My name is Melissa and I want to get into photography. I would like to know what a good starter camera would be.

What is your budget?

I recommend Canon Rebel XT or Rebel XTi.
Do some research before you purchase the D40, I've read it has limitations due to type of lens it uses. Sorry, don't know the details. This has nothing to do with Canon over Nikon, I just want you to make the best choice. If you want Nikon, maybe look at other models.

If you go with Canon, you can use there full suite of lenses on their lower end bodies. All you need is more money. Good luck and welcome.

I recommend Canon Rebel XT or Rebel XTi.
Do some research before you purchase the D40, I've read it has limitations due to type of lens it uses. Sorry, don't know the details. This has nothing to do with Canon over Nikon, I just want you to make the best choice. If you want Nikon, maybe look at other models.

If you go with Canon, you can use there full suite of lenses on their lower end bodies. All you need is more money. Good luck and welcome.

I believe you're talking about the lack of the ability to use the older Nikon lenses without the internal focus motor.

The search function on this site will delivery tons of results on this topic. Everyone has an entry level camera that can be had for a decent price and they all have advantages and disadvantages. The simplest deciding factor might just be to go out and see which camera feels most comfortable in your hands.

I just don't know anything about which camera is better and what not. I don't know much about camera's at all. The only thing I know about is the megapixels. LOL. So I am on here to learn more about photograpy and how to use a camera.

You'll find that entry level dSLR's from Nikon or Canon will give you superb image quality. The above post is great advice. Go hold them, play with the menus and buttons, then decide.

I know this doesn't seem like much help, but until you learn more, the differences in the features may not mean much to you. There may even be features your skills never have a need for.

Most reactions

Back