Hey new from Miami

ekjose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum from Miami Fl. New to photography and I have no idea what I'm doing lol. Hopefully everyone can pin point me into learning how to capture really nice pictures with really good quality. I purchased a nikon p500 but might be exchanging it for something different. Until then I'm trying to learn how to use the p500.

thanks guys. any recommendations on a better affordable camera for a beginner?

If you're going to be hanging around on a photo forum and if you want to expand your potential photography horizons....then you will most likely want a Digital SLR camera (DSLR). That way, you can easily take full or partial control of the setting on your camera, plus, you can change the lens to something better or something that suits your needs etc.

Entry level DSLR cameras are all pretty good these days. Expect to pay $500-$1000 for a camera plus a lens or two. If you want to look at used cameras, you can certainly find something cheaper, or you can get a better body/lens for the same price.

Welcome! Like Mike said a DSLR is going to be the best bet. You don't need the latest and greatest, I would find a entry level DSLR on craigslist and start there. Maybe a Canon Xti or Xsi....they would both be <$500 with a kit lens. Would allow you to start learning without spending a lot of money then when you learn some things you can start buying other lenses or cameras.

how's the nikon d3100?

pretty good camera. I don't know a whole lot about Nikon since I have always used Canon. It is comparable to the canon t1i...I think. It is a good entry level camera. Maybe someone with more Nikon knowledge could help you more.

Bought the nikon 3100 a few days ago. Completely different than a simple point n shoot camera that I got used too.

welcome5_smilie.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back