Hey there! Newbie here!

Passion4Film

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all!

My name is Sarah, I'm 19 and from upper Illinois. I just wanted to say hi!

I am currently using a Canon Powershot A520. I've never had any kind of professional-level camera, but I like my digital point-and-shoot cameras. There are some things I dislike about my particular model, but in general I like it. I did, however, prefer the Nikon I had before this. I hope to someday own a digital SLR.

I am going to take my first photography course this summer at my community college, and I hope to master the basics. I play around with settings on my camera right now, but I don't have any real knowledge - just a lot of photography! I take photos of everything that happens, all the time, and I'm "well known" for it in my circles.

I also enjoy films, cross stitching, being on the computer, writing and reading.

Hi!

(waves)
Sarah

Welcome to the forum.

By your name, I though you would be an old time photographer who shotts with film and doesn't want anything to do with a digital camera....Guess I was wrong. :D

Have fun while you are here.

Big Mike said:
Welcome to the forum.

By your name, I though you would be an old time photographer who shotts with film and doesn't want anything to do with a digital camera....Guess I was wrong. :D

Have fun while you are here.

Yeah, it occurred to me that my name was misleading after I signed up - the film part = movies, lol. :lmao:

Thanks!

Well now that you are here...with that name...you will just have to start shooting with a film camera. There is a great Darkroom section here, as well as an alternative section which deals with things like Polaroid transfers...

Or more likely...you will get hooked by the DSLR bug and save up for one of those.

Awww... I too thought you were a film afficionado! :(

But that's ok, maybe one day we'll convince you to give it a try. :D

Meanwhile welcome!

Hallo Sarah, and welcome to ThePhotoForum, where there is everyone: film fans, purely digitally photographing members, those that are a bit of both and see the merits of both ways to take photos... so there should be room for everyone.

And let me tell you that the Powershots do take amazingly good photos, tiny and compact as those cameras may be. I have one, too, and wouldn't want to miss it for certain situations, despite the fact that a DSLR has added itself to the "collection" by now, too ;).

Welcome to TPF!!

Welcome to the forum Sarah!

BTW, love the little dog in the av. Talk about 'if looks could kill'.

Most reactions

Back