Hi all

photo_newbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, how is everyone?

I just happened to find this forum via Google and it looked like a good place to good some good criticism/suggestions on photography. As you can tell by my name, I am really a beginner in the photography world and I just wanted suggestions on two pictures that I took recently. I just wanted to know how I can change them to get the best out of them. Here they are:

baby1.jpg

and

baby2.jpg

It looks to me like you're shooting with a regular 25-50mm lens. I think you'll like your portraits better if you use a 80-200mm lens. Also it looks as if the second pic is a greyscale of a color pic.

I'm not sure why but real b/w just looks better to me. Other than that, the baby is gorgeous and with a little experimentation you'll be right where you want to be. I look forward to your future pics.

Thanks for the comment. I was just wondering:

I think you'll like your portraits better if you use a 80-200mm lens. Also it looks as if the second pic is a greyscale of a color pic.

Is there any way I can attack a 80-200mm lens on a 35 mm lens that I have with my Kodak CX4300 camera? This thing only has digital zoom, so I was just wondering.

In that case, stand back about 10ft and zoom in....it's pretty much the same effect.

now that's the style i enjoy most. i like it because, perhaps, it is mine, or at least what i would want mine to be perceived as. you have CAPTURED this child...-
i bet the child is yours- the love of the beholder (photographer) is too obvious. (blood related at the very least)
love these pics. excellent job. period.

very photogenic bubby
i like the B & w shot best
i personally think portraits are best as up close as possible

Most reactions

Back