Hi all

photo_newbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, how is everyone?

I just happened to find this forum via Google and it looked like a good place to good some good criticism/suggestions on photography. As you can tell by my name, I am really a beginner in the photography world and I just wanted suggestions on two pictures that I took recently. I just wanted to know how I can change them to get the best out of them. Here they are:

baby1.jpg

and

baby2.jpg

metroshane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
It looks to me like you're shooting with a regular 25-50mm lens. I think you'll like your portraits better if you use a 80-200mm lens. Also it looks as if the second pic is a greyscale of a color pic.

I'm not sure why but real b/w just looks better to me. Other than that, the baby is gorgeous and with a little experimentation you'll be right where you want to be. I look forward to your future pics.

OP
P

photo_newbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks for the comment. I was just wondering:

I think you'll like your portraits better if you use a 80-200mm lens. Also it looks as if the second pic is a greyscale of a color pic.

Is there any way I can attack a 80-200mm lens on a 35 mm lens that I have with my Kodak CX4300 camera? This thing only has digital zoom, so I was just wondering.

metroshane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
In that case, stand back about 10ft and zoom in....it's pretty much the same effect.

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
now that's the style i enjoy most. i like it because, perhaps, it is mine, or at least what i would want mine to be perceived as. you have CAPTURED this child...-
i bet the child is yours- the love of the beholder (photographer) is too obvious. (blood related at the very least)
love these pics. excellent job. period.

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
very photogenic bubby
i like the B & w shot best
i personally think portraits are best as up close as possible

Most reactions

New Topics