Hi, everybody~ I am new here and have a few questions.

silviamai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have no knowledge about photographing. but i am really interested in photography.

can anyone tell me where i can take some classes for photography?

Where to get start with photography?

I am thinking getting a t2i, what do you guys think?

and also i found its really hard to get the best angle when take pics. and hint? or is it any class for it?

Last edited:
My advice is to shoot everyday, with what ever camera you have. Remember that you can always learn.

If your serious about photography the book Advanced Photography 7th or 8th Edition Langfords is great to get an intro into both film and digital photography. We used it as one of our text books in college. Its that good.

Try your local community college for courses. Or try finding a local camera club.

Welcome
Spend time on this forum and others absorbing everything you can.
Im assuming youre in Spain, surely there are local schools of art or colleges that you could attend classes or take online.
A t2i is a good Canon starter.
The best way to get started is read, read and read more. Buy your camera then read the manual 2 or 3 times. Keep it with you. Then takes pictures and practice and have fun creating.
Good Luck, hope to see you back with some great starter pictures.:thumbup:

I would say rent a camera like the t2i or t1i and also check out the nikons also and use them a little and figure out if you really like photography and a couple lenses so you don't waste your money on a cmaera if you find out that it doesn't really fit you. If you have the money I would say take some classes but first surf around on the forums and look at all the how tos and stuff and also search youtube there is alot of information out there for free that will teach you alot.

Thank you all for replying. I spend most of my time surfing on this site after work. but the thing is i dun understand most of the stuff you guys say in the threats ...i want to go to some class , so i would understand what are you guys talking about . haha..

Thank you all for replying. I spend most of my time surfing on this site after work. but the thing is i dun understand most of the stuff you guys say in the threats ...i want to go to some class , so i would understand what are you guys talking about . haha..

Is it the abbreviations that are used sometimes, or is it the actual terms?

Either one can be found easily online, or just by going to a local library and getting a bunch of books on the topic. See if you have any friends that you can shoot with and ask as many questions as you can.

The best way to get started is read, read and read more. Buy your camera then read the manual 2 or 3 times.
While reading the camera's manual is always a must, most manuals would not introduce you to the basics of photography --they take for granted that you already know at least some basic stuff.

Taking an introductory course is a good idea to get your ball rolling, and reading a lot (like vtf suggested) can only help (*). Then you will be able to make a better-informed decision regarding what camera and lens(es) you want/need.

(*) A good book to start would be -- as you'll find everywhere you ask -- [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0817439390/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0817463003&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1W2A1RMH3HHAEAQH17M4"]"Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson[/ame].

If you are having a tough time understanding what people are talking about due to the terminology etc. check this link/thread out ( assuming you havent already ) http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ery/167288-camera-terms-acronyms-dummies.html

You can certainly educate yourself online ( whether it be this forum or not ) on the basics, without spending any extra cash.

+1 on Understanding Exposure, btw.

If you are having a tough time understanding what people are talking about due to the terminology etc. check this link/thread out ( assuming you havent already ) http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ery/167288-camera-terms-acronyms-dummies.html

You can certainly educate yourself online ( whether it be this forum or not ) on the basics, without spending any extra cash.

+1 on Understanding Exposure, btw.

i saw they have couple different edition for the book understanding exposure. should i get all the edtion or which edition will work better for me?

I wouldnt quite tackle understanding exposure untill you have some basis of photographic knowledge. We read understanding exposure in college, but it confused a lot of people. I think having some pre knowledge will help you understand better what the book is talking about.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back