Hi From Massachusetts

Harpua

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fotki.com
I am so glad I found this forum. I have already learned a ton here. I am not new to photography, but am new to using an SLR. When I was much younger I used some film cameras, but I really didn't know what I was doing. Then when digital started to emerge I bought my first camera. It was a Ricoh, but I can't remember the exact type. I had that camera for a number of years until the Nikon Coolpix 990 came out. I bought one the first week they hit the stores. I loved that camera, but quickly felt I had out grown it. I wanted to be able to control things like aperture and shutter speed even though i didn't (and still don't) know what I am doing with those things. Just recently I upgraded to a D70S and I love it. I feel like this is a camera I can really get a lot of use out of and have for many many years. I have a lot of learning to do though so I hope you all don't mind me asking a lot of very basic questions.

My other hobbies include cooking and just about anything outdoors. I love to go camping, hiking, and anything on the water like sailing, canoing, kayaking, you name it. I have a beautiful wife and a daughter who is turning 1 in a week so she has become my most photographed subject for the past year :) .

Anyway it is great to be here and I look forward to getting to know you all and learning everything I can from you.

Thank to TPF! Now we have you in our grasp, you'll never leave!!! Bwahahaha!

Seriously though, how can you live in a state that half of our country can't spell? Lol, I've never been able to get it right... it's always just "Masa-what's-it" or "Massawho?" :p

Verbal said:
Seriously though, how can you live in a state that half of our country can't spell? Lol, I've never been able to get it right... it's always just "Masa-what's-it" or "Massawho?" :p
Yeah I usually just say Boston :mrgreen:

Welcome to TPF! What part of Mass are you in? I lived in Brockton until I was 9 and my parents live in Townsend now. My husband and I are in NH now, just a little north of Concord. Having three children I can completely relate to them being the most photographed subjects around :D

Thanks Alison! I had some friends in Brockton once. I grew up in Framingham, but now live in North Grafton (near Shrewsbury, Westboro area).

I haven't been here too long and i'v found its a very interesting and helpfull site to visit, so welcome. Boston/NY is the only holiday i'v had in america so i know how photogenic your area is. looking forward to seeing some shots :thumbup:

Having spent two years in Brookline and Sommerville I know how much I miss New England and the Greater Boston area. Welcome to TPF.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back