Hi from Phoenix!

michelejo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelejo.com
Hi, I'm Michele--I just joined, so I thought I'd say "hello." I am 32yo, a mother of three, mostly a homemaker for the past 10 years. My lifelong dream (since about age 5) has been to be a professional photographer. Until recently, I haven't had the concentration, time or money to get started, but now I'm ready to seriously pursue starting my own business.

I never got to take any college-level photography courses and my high school photography teacher was so laid-back that we never really learned the "nuts and bolts" so I decided I needed to finally fully understand exposure and lighting (my weak spots). I just enrolled in NYIP's Professional Photography course...I'm probably also going to take their Digital course concurrently, since I also need a lot of help in the Photoshop department. :wink:

I've been reading posts voraciously--already have learned a ton!

Michele

Howdy and welcome. So what's your weapon of choice?

Goodness! Another 'zonie' on the boards!! :lol: Welcome to you Michelle from another Phoenician! :mrgreen:

Thanks!!

Right now, a Canon G2. However, I need a dSLR. Right away. :mrgreen: Hopefully one will make it's way into my camera bag by the end of the year.

YAHHH!!! another canon user!! (there's a very silent battle among canon-heads and nikon-heads) woot for us!! Are you thinking canon dslr? :mrgreen: I love my 300d..it's old school by now I'm sure but takes some awfully nice photos.

hey michele.. welcome to TPF.. canon ahhhh.. i love my 350d :mrgreen:
cya around :)

Welcome! Great to have you here and I look forward to seeing your work! :D

Everyone here seems so friendly--I really have been enjoying this board. I've been checking out several photography boards, but love the feel of this one over the others! :D

Someone asked--yes, definitely I will get a Canon digital SLR. I really am leaning torward the 350d. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

I also have a Pentax K1000 (which I think is almost as old as I am!) and a Minolta SLR with a couple awesome lenses. I haven't touched either since getting the G2, unfortunately!

I can't wait to post some pics also. I have an 8mo baby and she gets her picture taken a LOT around here! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back