Hi guys im new and i need help!!

Swift

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can I upload some photos I've taken and saved on my iPod touch directly onto here through the iPod? I'ts asking for a URL. Is there a way to get the images URL from my photo gallery?

You need to upload your images to a hosting site like PhotoBucket or Flickr.

480sparky said:
You need to upload your images to a hosting site like PhotoBucket or Flickr.

Ok thanks :) do you recommend using watermarks to prevent people from stealing your work on here? I'm a bit nervous about it

If someone wants your image bad enough, no watermark is going to keep them from working around that. This is unfortunately life, posting on the internet

Joey_Ricard said:
If someone wants your image bad enough, no watermark is going to keep them from working around that. This is unfortunately life, posting on the internet

So then basically you're saying that it's not worth the time?

No. He is simply saying that any photo you put on the internet can be copied without your permission.

At least with a watermark, people will know who they stole the photo from. They may even leave the watermark so everyone knows who they stole the photo from.

Obviously, if you don't put your photos online fewer people will see them.

Ok thanks :) do you recommend using watermarks to prevent people from stealing your work on here? I'm a bit nervous about it

WatermarkFun.jpg

KmH said:
No. He is simply saying that any photo you put on the internet can be copied without your permission.

At least with a watermark, people will know who they stole the photo from. They may even leave the watermark so everyone knows who they stole the photo from.

Obviously, if you don't put your photos online fewer people will see them.

Ok thanks! So how do you keep them from taking the watermark off without making it stand out so boldly from the picture? I was thinking put it small and bold on one of the sides, so that it's obvious that someone has stole it because it's been cropped and you could come fourth with the original

Ok thanks! So how do you keep them from taking the watermark off without making it stand out so boldly from the picture? I was thinking put it small and bold on one of the sides, so that it's obvious that someone has stole it because it's been cropped and you could come fourth with the original

Watermarks prove nothing. Registration with the Copyright Office will.

Peano said:
Sounds to me like you're being a bit over-cautious. How valuable (commercially) are your images, and how much of that value would be preserved by web-size images? I would guess the answers are "not much" and "not much" in that order.

I'm sure my photos are worth a pretty large amount, however I'm not at that point yet. I started for real last week and everyone on apps are asking if they can borrow them. And I don't understand your last question sorry. The pictures I take are mainly reflections of landscapes and sunsets. Sounds a bit like the usual amateur things to take pictures of, but I assure you mine are pretty top notch. I can go out into any environment and take a really great photo, and I don't edit any of them unless there's annoying flares or the occasional finger in the corner of the lens due to me trying to get tight wet angles without falling in water lol

Peano said:
Sounds to me like you're being a bit over-cautious. How valuable (commercially) are your images, and how much of that value would be preserved by web-size images? I would guess the answers are "not much" and "not much" in that order.

I've changed my profile picture to show you one of mine. I'll change it to show others if you'd like. And on second thought, watermarks don't concern me at the moment. I just want to share :)

The only reason I put my initials on mine is so someday when I'm famous, people will recognize them :p Like j*

I sometimes put a small watermark with my website address to direct people there.

Most reactions

Back