Hi guys.

Garler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, my name is Zach, and I'm 17... I'll be turning 18 pretty soon, and plan on getting a better camera. Right now I have a Samsung Digimax 130, but I'm going to get a new one in ... less than 2 weeks, on March 5th. :)
I consider myself an amateur photographer really, but I love to take pictures of things... so yeah. I was wondering if anyone has any camera recommendations? I would like a fairly compact one, that can take videos too, it needs to be sort of cheap also. Anyways... here's some of what I've taken recently.
picture054bv5.jpg

That's my friend. ^^
pict0022jv3.jpg

Another example of AMATEUR. :D You can see me. haha
That's about all I have right now. :) See you guys around.

i really love my canon s3 is.
thats about $300.

i donno your price limit or what you want to do with it, you may want to be more clear :)

the s3 is has photo and video and is realy good for beginners who want to learn.

I just take whatever I can. When I see a good opportunity for a photo, I try and take it. But I think my favorite things would probably be animals, nature, and stuff like that. :) And I'll have to look into that Canon S3, looks like a good one to me.

:confused:

There are kind of blurry, maybe because of the poor quality of a P&S camera.

Hope that your new camera will be a DSLR, it`s way better then a P&S.

A recommendation of a DSLR camera is Canon 350 XTi or a Canon 400D. About lens, for start it`s fine a kit lens :)

There are great Nikon DSLR's out there too, like Nikon D40 or D80...

Good luck :)

Yes, it is pretty blurry. The camera I have now is pretty old.
Thanks for the help by the way. :)

Great picture quality and good video capabilities do not come in the same package, in my opinion. You're better off with separate entry level dSLRs and camcorders if you want to do both.

okay. you have a Sony DSC-P73 and want to move to a newer cam? Old cam still doesnt= blurry pics..
I kinda understand what you want, u ca either look at the canon super zoom Powershot S5IS (340$ but very bulky)or i recommend this one Canon Powershot A720IS (200$ +/- 20$) or Canon PowerShot A570IS (150$)
And if u can have this in ur budget, nothing like it. Nikon P5100 (300$)

I hyperlinked the camera pages, check them out & assumed that you are looking at P&S cameras as you want them to feature the video mode & be smallish

Most reactions

Back