hi guys! -:)

anua

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.portretowa.pl
hi guys! long time no see! -:)
i havent been here for a long time, but it doesnt mean i forgot about you -:)
ive been busy working, trying to run my own portrait studio...
anyway, here are some new wood prints, ive made lately (some of you may remember my 'wood prints', i hope, he he) - they are a bit different than the old ones, but ...oh well...maybe they are just more colorful, thats all, but im still the same (monochromatic-:) ) he he
here they are:

P8031548pzlommm.jpg

P8131647mmm.jpg

this is a portrait of my friend, Ola

P8131629pmmm2.jpg

this is mu aunty, Wanda, i hope to be as brave and proud as her when i get old

P8131661pmmm.jpg

P8131616pmmm.jpg

this is my sister, Joanna, shes getting married at 2 of september

P8131611pmmm.jpg

P8131604pmmm.jpg

P8131602pmmm.jpg

this is my niece (niece is the right word? forgive me my bad english -;) ).
i'd like to give one of those pics to my sis at her bday, but i just cant decide which one is the nicest...maybe you will help me, -:)

P8031540mmm.jpg

P8031537mmm.jpg

and heres my friend, and her daughter , Rose

hope you forgive me such a long post

comments and suggestions are more than welcome,
thanks!

anj

Stunning work, as always. I just love seeing your work, Anja! Always so imaginative and colorful.

I love #1 - such a clever idea! :D

Your bridal portraits are especially beautiful. You're such a good artist. :heart:

"Niece" is the right word for a child of your sister's, yes. I think she would be happy with any of them, but of those three, my personal fave is #8. Very painterly effect, and I love your rich deep colors here.

Wonderful series!

Such beautiful images! #9 was an instant favorite for me.

thanks alot, guys!! :heart:

Hi, I commented on some other images you posted. I've never heard the expression "wood prints" May I ask how you do them, or is that a professional secret ?? They are very effective and moody.

Thank you, Philip! and no, generally its not a secret -;)
'Wood prints' are just regular prints, but made at the wood - i work at them as i work with a paper print at the darkroom, than i do some chemistry and than i paint them with oils. Thas the whole secret -;)

think she would be happy with any of them, but of those three, my personal fave is #8. Very painterly effect, and I love your rich deep colors here.

Terri, ive just gave this one to my sister, thanks for help with making a decission!:hug::

Terri, ive just gave this one to my sister, thanks for help with making a decission!:hug::
:cheer: I'm certain she loves it, too!

Always happy to look at your work and talk to you about it! I only wish we lived closer so I could watch you work. :D

terri said:
:cheer: I'm certain she loves it, too!

Always happy to look at your work and talk to you about it! I only wish we lived closer so I could watch you work. :D

ha ha, you can always come to visit me in Warsaw, Terri ! Youre more than welcome here!
and if you'd ever like to try the 'wood print' technique, ill be happy to help!

-:)

anua said:
ha ha, you can always come to visit me in Warsaw, Terri ! Youre more than welcome here!
and if you'd ever like to try the 'wood print' technique, ill be happy to help!

-:)
If I'm ever heading that way, trust me, you'll be the first to know! I would love to watch and badger you with questions. :lol:

Truly impressive. Jumped into this forum wholly by chance and saw such beautiful works here!

I was reading history of Czech photography in the 20th century. In the early days photographers (Otto Setele, for example) liked to use a vareity of pigment processes. Because each pigment print differs, at least in its details, this enabled photographers to leave their influences in the final prints. I thought this tradition died a long while ago. But now I see the value of subjective expression.

Btw, I like your quote.

thank you, tsienni!
if youve been reading about Czech photography you prolly know Jan Saudek, he's one of my heros! -:)

ah, and the quote is the short story of one of my fav writers, Roland Topor
heres the link if you'd like to check him out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Topor

thanks once again!

anja

Most reactions

Back