Hi, Have some newbie questions?

DRAGNFRAME

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, So my wife has a canon t2i and a yongnuo yn-468 flash. She has mentioned about getting a umbrella light where she can put her flash on a stand and bounce the light off of the umbrella. She needs some kind of stand umbrella and trigger system? I have know idea what I need to be looking for when it comes to this stuff. She is just getting into the hobby and takes most pics of our two year and some friends kids. I thought you guys could help me by pointing me in the right direction. Thanks

What are your opinions on this stuff?

http://www.amazon.com/Yongnuo-Wirele...+602+for+canon
and
http://www.amazon.com/CowboyStudio-S...ds=flash+stand

Now remeber this stuff will proble never leave the room once it gets set up so it dont have to be top notch stuff. Hell by next year shell want something different you know how women are. Thanks for your help!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hell by next year shell want something different you know how women are.

The umbrella is designed to fit onto a light stand using a bracket that is usually offered in a package deal. There are reflecting ones and "shoot-through" ones. We are not talking a lot of money here.

I'm not sure how to trigger the flash that you mentioned, but it is an affordable flash.

I'm using those 603 wireless triggers (mine are the Nikon version though).

I'm pretty new to all of this but mine are performing like I hoped they would so far.

They definitely work well even over a good distance. I haven't been using mine long so I can't speak for their longevity, but so far all is good with mine.

The Yongnuo gear is decent for the price consumer gear, but I would stay away from the Cowboy studio stuff. That gives real junk a bad name!

If she waits a year before she wants new stuff consider yourself lucky.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back