Hello everyone, new to this forum. Just got a canon rebel for my birthday last weekend, so very new to this. I just wanted to post a couple pics to see if im going in the right direction. These are right out of the camera as I haven't been able to get a editing program yet. Anyway please comment away
You might want to read through some of the tutorials here. In particular, the tutorials on exposure. You may also want to look up "the rule of thirds" (basically, you rarely want your subject in the middle of your image).
I think those will help you a lot. They definitely helped me.
Plus 1 on the backgrounds and cropping. Framing it properly in the camera, means you don't need to crop which entails throwing away pixels.
Photography is all about light.
A truism in the visual arts is "light advances and dark recedes."