Hi! Noob here ;) Camera help?

Jinxie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well a little intro..
My name is Kamila and I LOVE taking photos. Photography has always been a favorite hobby of mine.

My current camera is the Pentax Optio M50 Digital Camera - Light Blue (8.0MP, 5x Optical Zoom) with a 2.5 inch LCD. I want something affordable, but something like the Canon EOS Rebel T2i. I am completely new to cameras so I may be confused by some terms. xD But don't worry.. I'll catch on. Eventually ;) Haha. Well any advice or comments or suggestions welcome. :)

Thanks,
Jinxie <3

What is affordable to you? Is the Canon T2i in your price range? Canon/Nikon/Olumpus/Pentax/Sony all do the same thing and they all have cameras within different budgets. My suggestion is to have a budget in mind and go to a store and play around with the cameras in your budget and see what you like and don't like and how each feels in your hands. Maybe look at the next camera up to see if it has features you may want.

Kit lenses are an OK starting point for most of us and zooms offer a lot of bang for your buck. I would say that eventually getting a couple of zooms to cover 18mm to 200 or 300 mm is the way to start out to see what exactly you like to photograph and then buy better lenses once you know what you need.

Okay :D Thanks Vinny :)

Amazon.ca recently had a bundle with the EOS Rebel T2i, 18-55mm IS and 55-250mm IS lenses. That's a very good start.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back