Hidden Lagoon

It's a great picture Kirk. I just wanted to point out a couple of things that if they weren't there would have made it even better. I know as a photographer the problems of background and other issues that prevent me from getting better pictures. Unfortunately viewers don't care about our problems as photographers. A photo has to stand on its own. We're not there to explain.
Often, because everything is 'subject', I see people's personal taste being passed off as critique. I only want to hear about actual mistakes, not criticism of my tastes.

I like the "distracting" elements. There is a sense of place and live action in them that would be lost without those things and makes this not a cookie cutter perfect image. Life is messy and often imperfect, oh to deal with that as well as this photographer has with this photo...

I'm sorry I offended you. That was not my intention.
Sorry, didn't mean to bite your head off and I know you only meant to help me improve, like most others do, but you/they have to understand, I am always going to do things the way I like, not the way others like, I couldn't if I wanted to, so I see their suggestions to do things the way they like as being redundant and possibly a bit condescending. Maybe a better way to put it is: If any of my friends come to my house for dinner and tell me how to cook, they know I'll be giving them directions to McDonalds really quick and we'll have a good laugh about it. :wink-6:
We had a ripple and it's past us now. Have a great day.

I like the "distracting" elements. There is a sense of place and live action in them that would be lost without those things and makes this not a cookie cutter perfect image. Life is messy and often imperfect, oh to deal with that as well as this photographer has with this photo...
Thank you very much! It's hard to get a perfect, portrait like image out in the field where the bg is perfectly smooth with no distractions of any sort. I would think seasoned photographers would know that and be a little more forgiving and not bother to tell another seasoned photographer what they most likely already know.

Sorry, didn't mean to bite your head off and I know you only meant to help me improve, like most others do, but you/they have to understand, I am always going to do things the way I like, not the way others like, I couldn't if I wanted to, so I see their suggestions to do things the way they like as being redundant and possibly a bit condescending. Maybe a better way to put it is: If any of my friends come to my house for dinner and tell me how to cook, they know I'll be giving them directions to McDonalds really quick and we'll have a good laugh about it. :wink-6:
We had a ripple and it's past us now. Have a great day.
Thanks for your response. I appreciate it., Have a great day too.

Fantastic image!!

Thanks Alan. I appreciate your concerns but unfortunately, I can't help that the light is reflecting off the ripples in the water and onto it's body. That's just something you have to accept, there's nothing I can do to stop mother nature and since I don't sell my pictures, I'm not real big on cloning every little possible annoyance like some people are. Besides, I usually find beauty in nature when I look for it. As far as the bg goes, if the bird had been standing still, I could've lined myself up like how you mentioned to get a better bg. Not my first rodeo, I do that quite often, but when a bird is on the move all you have time to do is shoot in burst mode from a fixed position and hope everything comes out well. I hope you have a better understanding of my pictures now. Have a nice day!
I agree, Kirk. When shooting wildlife, especially ones that are very mobile, you take the shot you can get. The idea being to document the creature in it's element. This particular shot has all those qualities; I'm observing a bird in it's natural element of water, sunshine, foliage etc.

Fantastic image!!
Thank you!

I agree, Kirk. When shooting wildlife, especially ones that are very mobile, you take the shot you can get. The idea being to document the creature in it's element. This particular shot has all those qualities; I'm observing a bird in it's natural element of water, sunshine, foliage etc.
Thank you, I agree 100%.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back