High End Vintage Darkroom Equipment In Search Of New Owners

Magnum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, brand new member to the forum boards here, and if this is the wrong forum for this thread let me know. I'm hoping you may be able to help me find a new home for some very cool, top-of-the-line (in the 1950s-60s) darkroom equipment that can still be used today. Here's the Readers Digest Condensed Version of the story:

I'm in Florida, and I'm helping a friend in Wisconsin dispose of her late husband's darkroom equipment. He spared no expense, and the equipment is in pristine condition. She lives in Janesville, Wisconsin, about an hour and a half away from Madison, and Chicago, and the equipment would need to be picked up in person, as she is unable to box and ship it. I'm hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction as far who might be interested in it. This equipment is far too cool to just throw away. I tried eBay, but it's been a bust.

My involvement is helping this woman has an interesting history: in 2011 I bought a vintage slide projector with 80 color Kodachrome slides. My search for the people in the slides became a big news story, in Florida and in Rochester NY. I found the family the slides belonged to and returned them, and a relative asked me to help with this project as well.

Below are some links to the pictures and video of the equipment. Anyone have any contacts they can point me toward?

that's some neat development stuff.

Yeah, this is pretty cool stuff, I'd love to see it have a good home. They don't make stuff like that anymore.

Beautiful equipment, if I had the room to set up another darkroom I would buy it in a heartbeat.
I wonder if I knew this gentleman, my wife was from Janesville and I was born in Beloit, we lived in Lake Geneva for thirty years after we were married.
I bet he got most of his supplies from Yaglas, they had a store in Janesville and one in Beloit, I worked in the one in Beloit a short time before going in the Navy.
Good Luck
Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back