Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay have at it, it's been a loooong time since I've put something for critique. This was taken at about 2 in the afternoon so the lighting was harsh. I'd really like to know if the black and white conversion works okay, it's something I've been working a lot on.

IMG_5547bw.jpg

You already know that I love this shot along with all of your others. You should have absolutely no problem with this months photo contest because I don't think I've ever seen one of you pictures without tremendous emotion.

jonmikal said:
What equipment do you use?

Canon 10D, this was with a 70-200 1.8

sorry for not asking this in my first reply:

how do you tend to shoot; automatic or manual?

i love your posts and would love to learn more about photographing peeps! i use a D70 and want to be more effective/creative without relying on PS so much!

Manual inside for studio shots because of the lighting, mostly program for outdoors but I often change to aperture priority to get a good DOF, like on this shot. Unless I have something really pretty in the background I like the blur the heck out of it to keep the subject the only focus in the photo.

-Nice shot!
-I would love to see a frame from the sideways while she is "high up".

It's a lovely shot. If she's your daughter then you guys are dead lucky - she's a real cutie... and she looks just so happy.

My only crit is that her face and right foot seem a bit over-exposed.

danalec99 said:
-Nice shot!

Do you mean with me standing off to the left where she is looking? That would be a great shot!

2Stupid2Duck said:
It's a lovely shot. If she's your daughter then you guys are dead lucky - she's a real cutie... and she looks just so happy.

My only crit is that her face and right foot seem a bit over-exposed.

I agree, I probably should have bracketed because the sun was harsh and the swing well, kept on moving! This little sweetie isn't mine....I only have sons. http://www.stalleydesign.com/StalleyBoys.htm

AlisonS said:
danalec99 said:
-Nice shot!
Do you mean with me standing off to the left where she is looking? That would be a great shot!

Yes, that would be a great angle.... the baby, metal frame of the swing, shallow DOF and a fast shutter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back