What's new

Ukraine In Toronto

VidThreeNorth

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 21, 2016
Messages
1,614
Reaction score
506
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Toronto is known to be a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural city, and mainly this is important because in general, we are here to work at what we work at, and live our lives. When the conflict in Ukraine began, it was sad for me. I have known, and still know, Ukrainians and Russians. The Russians in Toronto do not tend to think highly of Putin or his party, so I have not seen a problem so far. I have, for a fairly long time known about this park and its small memorial. Occasionally, I have seen it visited, and wreaths brought. So yes, it does affect us here. This picture was from around Oct 2022. It was taken with my GF3 w/Yongnuo 42.5mm f1.7 lens. I have been through the area recently and little has changed. The flags are still there.
DSC_0174-rsz1600.JPG
 

Attachments

  • P1020259=rsz1600-C2.webp
    P1020259=rsz1600-C2.webp
    642.8 KB · Views: 88
  • P1020259b-Crop2000-C6.webp
    P1020259b-Crop2000-C6.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
This is the inscription on the above monument in English. It is also in French and Ukrainian.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0174-rsz1600.webp
    DSC_0174-rsz1600.webp
    742.2 KB · Views: 89

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom