High ISO = No Problem! (This time...)

jmtonkin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone! Great news! For the first time since I've had my camera, I feel like it did a decent job at handling high ISO! Tonight, my sister had her spring choir concert. It was quite dark in there...Bumped the ISO value to 2000-3200 and with some post production work, they look alright! My composition could probably have been better, but I was sitting in the bleachers and didn't have any room to get around...

I will say though, I wish my lens had a larger maximum aperture...5.6 gets to be a little limiting and I'd like to be able to avoid the high ISO...

7219166978_b7eaf3acb1_b.jpg

This one looks a tad underexposed, but if I used a shorter shutter speed, it would have been scrap and if I bump the exposure in Lightroom, it's very grainy...

ISO-3200
1/40s
f/7.1 (I didn't realize until now that I could have gone with a larger aperture on this one...Not sure how I changed it from the 5.6 I had been using...)

7219137686_e4e55216c1_b.jpg

She looks so happy in this one!

ISO-3200
1/30s
f/5.6

CC would be greatly appreciated on the quality. I know the composition isn't the greatest, but I had to work within the confines of the gymnasium/stage..

Yep! My D300s! I was blown away at how decent it handled the high ISO tonight...In the past, I've had super grain and by the time I got rid of it in post, the picture was quite OOF...Tonight, my camera did very well!

Wait are these images edited of straight out of the D300S? Their very good for straight out of the D300S if thats the case. It looks like my D4 3200 ISO (I'm not wearing my glasses).

I loaded them into Lightroom, did some minor color adjustments and then some noise reduction...Other than that, nothing else...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back