High ISO Woodpecker

yeah I was afraid of that.

I will have to do some experimentation. The problem with using it in Av was that when I tried it, the shutter was set to like 1/150 or something gay and not usable. I was too worried about missing a shot to mess with it, but I'll play around and see what turns up.

I usually use manual, but Tv works well with birds in most situations because DOF is so limited with a long lens anyway. The combination of Tv and auto-ISO might just do the trick.

I guess it's not too bad considering 12,800 ISO, but I'm wondering why you didn't just open the lens up 2 stops and drop the shutter speed slightly, you could have got the same shot at 1600 ISO.

ISO 12,800! Raise your hand if you remember when 400 speed film was "high-speed"!

... raises his hand and remembers when 400 first hit the market ...

I guess it's not too bad considering 12,800 ISO, but I'm wondering why you didn't just open the lens up 2 stops and drop the shutter speed slightly, you could have got the same shot at 1600 ISO.

... because I was experimenting with ISO 12,800

I'm wondering why you didn't read the first post...

Most reactions

Back