Highest numbers of photos taken with a single recharge with an instant camera?

Guys I'm really grateful to you everybody for your replies and comments. I'm also learning things on instant cameras with you. I try to explain you what I need precisely. I'm designing a fair stand for an eyewear company and to make the stand interactive for visitors I would like people can wear the glasses and make a selfie of themselves with an instant camera so that they can hang up the photos on a wall. They will become the new models. For this idea I was looking for an instant camera with an high number of films per pack so that the stand staff hasn't to refill the camera so often with the new films.

What I'll say is that changing the film pack takes about 5 seconds. It's just open back, lift out the old cartridge, pop in the new one, and close the back.

Having said that, I could understand why you would be taking a lot of shots and not wanting to change packs so frequently. It's also expensive, remember. Especially if a customer doesn't like the first image and wants to take 5 more pictures.

Finally, it depends on how big you want the images to be.

In this case, I would suggest the digital versions - not the same as an emulsion print of real film, but it's still an image that is printed instantly. From what I can tell, the cameras still only take 10 sheets of paper at a time, and prints are small (2x3).

The Polaroid Snap is one example: https://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Ins...igital+camera&qid=1556233756&s=gateway&sr=8-3

And this is the paper, which is also essentially a bit sticker - you can peel it off the paper backng and stick the image onto the wall. :https://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Pre...01BMO5NCM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Or, you could look at a small wireless printer that will allow you to take pictures with a cell phone, edit if needed, then print instantly. There is a Polaroid printer, the images are a bit larger, and you can choose which picture to print (unlike with the cameras) but again, it only takes 10 sheets of paper at a time (also sticker paper):
For example, the Polaroid Mint: https://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Ins...igital+camera&qid=1556233756&s=gateway&sr=8-3

So basically, I think no matter what you get, you'll have to change the pack or add more paper after 10 shots. But the digital camera with a built-in printer, or a separate wireless printer used with a cell phone camera might be your cheapest option.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, the film would get pricey, what Leonore suggested might be the best option. If you wanted some Polaroids for promotional purposes you could probably do a limited number, then make Leo's option available for people who attend the event.

Now you know more about Polaroids than you probably ever wanted to know!

It might actually be easier to shoot these photos digitally on the phone, or on a point and shoot camera, and then have prints made on the spot with an ink jet printer. Of course, this is not the same thing as shooting a Polaroid. There is a certain magic that underlies the Polaroid process, and always has.

It might actually be easier to shoot these photos digitally on the phone, or on a point and shoot camera, and then have prints made on the spot with an ink jet printer. Of course, this is not the same thing as shooting a Polaroid. There is a certain magic that underlies the Polaroid process, and always has.

Agreed. For my personal work, there is no substitute for real instant film. But for this kind of commericial and promotional work? I say go digital.

And I forgot to say so before, @AlbyDB but I think the photo booth is a good idea. The sticker paper could also be used very creatively. For example, you could also print out two images - one for the display and another to put on the back of a business card to give to the people who come to the booth. That way, you get a display of images for promotion, and the person gets a reminder of your business to bring home - and they are less likely to throw it away because it's got their own picture on it.

If you have typical business card sizes, the 2x3 (5 x 7.6 cm) prints are about the same size. I think the image is just a tiny bit smaller, so it would look good on the back of a business card.

Putting an instantly-printed image onto the back of abbusiness card and printing a second image for your own use, sounds like a really great idea. You said something earlier, that I think it's sort of in the air specifically, you stated that customers would take a selfie shooting a Selfies kind of difficult without a phone cam or some other type of camera with an LCD viewfinder that the subject can see to frame them selves with. I think using a Polaroid camera you would have better luck if a booth employee snapped the photos.

Thank you everybody for the big help! @limr the idea of the business cards is really nice! Yes, I think digital suits my needs. Let's see what my boss say! Thank you again!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back