Hill Town

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this from a hill overlooking this town.
done1s.jpg

Comments welcome.

Can't really put my finger on it, but there's something here that's not working for me. I'm finding it very hard to pick out any details in the scene.

Hi mr. you are not a number.

It works fine for me, in terms that I have a sense that the photographer here wanted to present something. What I this this something is, is the retro - classical feeling of a passed time. Inspired by the classic architecture of this nicely crowded building area, I think that the presentation here with the soft focus effect, and the flat colors are creating the feeling of an old picture of some decades ago.

Nice!

If it was more sharp and saturated it would be another HDR photo with nothing special to 'say'.

It works fine for me, in terms that I have a sense that the photographer here wanted to present something. What I this this something is, is the retro - classical feeling of a passed time. Inspired by the classic architecture of this nicely crowded building area, I think that the presentation here with the soft focus effect, and the flat colors are creating the feeling of an old picture of some decades ago.

Nice!

If it was more sharp and saturated it would be another HDR photo with nothing special to 'say'.
That was exactly what I was going for. The town is built in rings around a large hill and I found this fantastic vantage point to capture the height. If you look closely you will see the buildings are a mix of old and new but arranged in a way that does not exist any more. The soft focus and muted colours are to enhance the timeless image I saw.

Thanks for the comment.

Nice!

That was exactly what I was going for. The town is built in rings around a large hill and I found this fantastic vantage point to capture the height. If you look closely you will see the buildings are a mix of old and new but arranged in a way that does not exist any more. The soft focus and muted colours are to enhance the timeless image I saw.

Thanks for the comment.
It is surely obvious you achieved your goal. When I look at your picture I get straight away this feeling.

Nice!

Thanks for the comment.
It is surely obvious you achieved your goal. When I look at your picture I get straight away this feeling.
Thanks

I have rarely seen a complicated/cluttered photo that was improved by HDR overprocessing....including this one.

Reminds me of the line about having to explain a joke makes it not funny. I don't see anything but jumble at this angle. Nicely captured, clear photo I just don't see the point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back